You can read an excerpt from Dark Ambition in the National Post, which published a short section about Christina Noudga, Millard’s girlfriend and her testimony at court. There is a second excerpt in the Toronto Star which featured the story of the man who went on an earlier test drive with Millard and Smich and noticed Millard’s tattoo.
Along with working as a journalist, I also have an Ontario Private Investigator’s license and do consulting work for law and security firms as well as private clients. My specialties are enhanced due diligence investigations (mostly for potential investors) and litigation support.
Here is some more recent journalism:
- On Trial For Rape, an ebook about a real-life sexual assault trial filled with twists and turns, interview on CBC’s Metro Morning about covering the trial 2015
- The Mysterious Death of Jeffrey Boucher Amazon bestseller 2014
- How I stumbled across the strange and secretive world of high frequency traders April 2014
- Did Toronto police mishandle Dellen Millard-related investigations? in Grid 2014
- Postcard from Toronto in Chatham House’s World Today magazine 2013
- Canadian security agency gets hacked in National Post 2013
- Toronto’s falling apart in La Presse 2010
I also have some very old articles in the New York Times archives.
On the lighter side, I’m also a lapsed dog blogger with two sites that I started as experiments in niche media after reading The Long Tail. They bring in some passive revenue and could likely bring a lot more if they were reactivated, so if you’re interested in buying either a premium site about Scottish Terriers or Dachshunds, let’s talk.
Or if you want to get in touch with me about something else, my email is firstname.lastname@example.org.